The Rocky Mountain Map Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to the
study and appreciation of maps and other items of cartographic interest.
The Society was formed in 1991 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Most meetings are held on Tuesday evenings at the Denver Public Library, 5th Floor, Gates Room, at 5:30 PM.
Members of the Rocky Mountain Map Society are from a variety of backgrounds. Most are map collectors
and some members are professionals in the field of cartography, but all have an interest in history. The
common thread is a fascination with maps, from the first cartographic attempts to the most recent
The Rocky Mountain Map Society actively promotes and sponsors events of interest to map
- We invite individuals with an interest in maps and cartography, exploration and discovery, history,
or any related topic to join our organization.
- Membership includes access to password-protected information on the Members Only Area of the RMMS Web site. If you are a current RMMS Member and you need login/password information, please contact Lorraine Sherry, RMMS Secretary.
- Dues are $25.00 per year payable at the Spring meeting, or by mail.
- We do not accept credit cards
- Please make checks payable to: Rocky Mountain Map Society and mail to:
- Rocky Mountain Map Society
- 1790 Hudson St.
- Denver, CO, 80220
- We ask new members to please complete our RMMS Member Directory form.