The Rocky Mountain
Antique Map Fair
RMMS MEMBER'S TABLE
FOR PRIVATE MAP & BOOK SALES
1. The Member's Table will be staffed by at least one member of the RMMS during all hours of operation.
2. ALL participants selling items at the Member's Table must have been
RMMS members for at least one month, and will be required to volunteer both an hour working
on the Member's Table AND one or more hours of service at the Map Fair in areas other than
the Member's Table itself. Contact Dave Cole (Mapguycole@aol.com) to
schedule your service.. Sellers need not be present for a sale to occur.
3. Appropriate material for the sale includes antique maps (no modern reproductions); map related books,
such as books on map collecting or antique books with maps included; and other antiques relating to mapping,
such as surveying equipment, drafting tools, etc.
4. All material being sold is to be packaged by the owner in a fashion that will allow
potential buyers to handle the material – e.g. conservation bags, encapsulation, foam board
and shrink wrap, etc. Any loose maps will be displayed and handled at the seller’s risk.
5. All items must be priced and have the owners name on the item or packaging material.
6. Payment will be by cash or check (checks will not be verified and the seller is responsible
for bad checks).
7. An envelope will be provided to store payment(s) for each member.
8. The member managing the sale table will sell items at the listed price only.
Only the owner of an item can negotiate discounts from the asking price.
9. Buyers will be given a sales receipt to allow for verification of sale. The receipt
book will also serve to track sales for the members.
10. The member sale table will be operated by the map society as a service to members wishing
to sell maps. Every effort will be made to protect and care for the map materials. Owners
are responsible for damage, loss or bad checks.